Ahhhh.. the not-so beautiful buzz of the morning alarm. Teachers know this familiar sound as most of us are up well before the rest of the world. Researchers say high school students should be getting more sleep, but for most of us, the bell still rings before 8AM. This makes for an incredibly tricky morning juggling life and all of the prep that goes into being a teacher. Since Sundays are for self care here on the blog and feeding yourself good food is definitely a form of self care, I've rounded up 36 make-ahead meals to get you through the school year. (One for each week of the school year!) I challenge you to spend some time on a Self-Care Sunday prepping meals for yourself so you have good grab-and-go food for yourself every day. I plan on choosing four meals per month to prep and freeze for some variety! I truly believe this will give your wallet (and your waistline) a little break from the dreaded drive-thru.
Prefer to use Pinterest? Find all of the recipes here and make sure you are following me! I will be following up with lunch and dinner ideas soon.
1. Vanilla Bean Sweet Potato Waffles
2. Morning Glory Oatmeal
3. Blueberry Vanilla Greek Yogurt Bars
4. Honey Nut Bars
5. Cinnamon Raisin Harvest Muffins
6. Muesli Scones
7. Peanut Butter and Banana Overnight Oats
8. Basic Quiche
9. Homemade Poptarts
10. Freezer Smoothies
11. Customizable Protein-Packed Oatmeal Cups
12. Healthy Brownie Granola Bars
13. Sausage and Potato Pockets
14. Low Fat Strawberry Cinnamon Muffins
15. Frozen Steel-Cut Oatmeal
16. Skinny Chocolate Chip Scones
17. Petite Crust-less Quiche
18. * Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries and Bananas
19. Cranberry Almond Energy Bites
20. Smoothie Kit Creations
21. Freezer Oatmeal Cups
22. Grab-n-Go Pancake Muffins
23. DIY Smoothie Packs
24. * Ham and Cheese Breakfast Quesadillas
25. Oatmeal Bake
26. Easy Freezer Pancakes
27. Blueberry Banana Bread
28. Broccoli and Cheese Mini Egg Omelets
29. Freezer Breakfast Burritos (A Katie Poe favorite!)
30. French Toast Roll-Ups
31. Bacon Egg and Toast Muffins
32. Raspberry Jam Overnight Oats
33. Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches
34. * Blueberry Crumble Oatmeal Bars
35. Breakfast Casserole Muffins
36. Make-Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches
* Snarky Favorite!
Have any other genius ideas for streamlining your morning breakfasts? Leave them in the comments below!
Here's to a happy, healthy, and snarky school year!
The Snarky Schoolteacher is an education and lifestyle blog run by dedicated educational professionals. Our goal is to bring you relevant and fun educational content with a side of sass. Read more about our team here. Thanks for visiting, and we hope you will find these ideas and resources helpful in your classrooms and in your lives.